Monday, April 18, 2011

Collection Design - Final Project

Concept Board 

Fabric Print















Technical Flats

This is my final collection that includes a total of 15 looks and 2 technical flats. The look consists of 8 designs with 2 different colour ways. I hope my collection reflects my concept of nature, natural disasters and fluidity. I tried to incorporate prints and colours that are relevant and more earth/nature toned. I kept my designs simple and would use pleating, draping, and shearing effects to replicate the soft flow of water. 

 My collection would fall under Spring and Ready-to-Wear. My target market for this collection would be similar to that of BCBG. These looks are geared towards women from the age range of 20-35 with a medium income. These garments would be ideal for most formal events or parties as it mostly consists of day and evening dresses. My price range would be moderate, but not as high as BCBG. I feel that unless my company is well known or used high quality fabrics (eg. silks, wool, fur) I would not be able to charge my consumers a high price.


This skirt was a part of my final design. It is a simple circle skirt that is gathered at the hem to create a puff or balloon effect. The material used is polyester chiffon and the undergarment consists of a silk tulle skirt to hold out the skirt's shape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment