Monday, April 4, 2011

Concept Board - First Attempt



This is my first attempt at a concept board and my theme/inspiration is nature, or more specifically: tsunamis. My colour theme is designed to reflect nature such as blues, greys and greens.The most common image used on my board is water as I plan to use this in my final collection. In terms of silhouette, the look is loose and flowing, but still close to the body to reflect the flow of water or the swirl of a typhoon.

The reason why I chose nature as my concept is because it reflects our current zeitgeist. Natural disasters are occurring globally and the most recent one is the 9.0 earthquake and tsunami that occurred on March 11, 2011 in Japan. This disaster caused huge casualties and threatens the Pacific Rim. I wanted to show the destructive and uncontrollable effects of nature and yet how natural and beautiful it can be.We never know if and when North America will be hit by a natural disaster, but it is something we cannot predict or control.

The main issue with this concept board is cohesiveness. Some images are unnecessary and do not strengthen my concept. The fabrics that I have chosen do not match my theme. I need to be more specific in terms of silhouette and clarify how these images will translate into garments, shoes or jewellery.

No comments:

Post a Comment